Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Last preparations


Hello all!
My last day in Montreal, my third (extra) bag is more or less packed, last items bought, an hour's visit to the Bank (because I'm easily confused by money matters) for $$ in US, L's sterling and CAD funds ~ I'll get Ugandan shillings when I arrive ~ so I'm close to being ready... I think! I was given a wonderfully warm and supportive send-off by St. Stephen's on Sunday. They gave me lots of hand-written notes which I am saving to enjoy, slowly, during my 13-hour layover at Heathrow airport on Thurs. I'll pray for each one, with a grateful heart.
I am immeasurably grateful for the outpouring of love and support from all who have expressed their interest in my Missions trip, sent a card, donated stuff for me to take to the Amani Baby Cottage and who have contributed towards my trip expenses.
Thank you every one so much!
A small point of possible concern is the forecast of up to 25 cm of snow that is supposed to fall on Montreal tomorrow. Please pray that my flight is not delayed... or at least not so that I'd miss my connection to Uganda.
I'm going to try to attach a photo taken just a couple of days ago of me with my two beloved granddaughters, Michaela, 13, left, and Hailey, 9, right.
God bless you all,
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment