Saturday, February 7, 2009

Some photos from Amani!
















Dear everyone,

Here are some photos of Amani. I haven't yet managed to get them to stay in sequence, but I'm sure that you can figure out which title belongs to which pic!

This morning all the volunteers scrubbed the toddler bedroom furniture ~ with toothbrushes!! ...to get between the cracks. Dislodged several cockroaches and lotsa spiders ~ my favourite passtime so far... NOT!! Never know what you're going to do on a missions trip!


1. One of my favourite little girls ~ Gift, aged 1 year
2. The pelican tree
3. Amani Baby Cottage ~ the house
4. Matthias and Francis with preemies Michael and Helen.
Some of the children are namen fter volunteers, or are named by volunteers, if they arrive with no name.
5. Mama Lucy with Debra. There are quite a few special needs kids here. I work with Mama Lucy most of the time. She is delightful and loves gospel music!
Blessings,
Jill

3 comments:

  1. Wow these children are so beautiful! Can you bring some home with you?!!! I am glued to this blog Jill! What a blessing to be able to follow along and share in your day to day experiences...sending you lots of love!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debra has gotten so big! Any news on Matthew? I'd love to see a picture of Brian too, if you can.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mum, what do you mean you don't like cockroaches...? They are genuine African wildlife! :-) Great pics. I'm so happy that this trip is going well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete